Jeera Biscuit Recipe, Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15073 times
Even elders who do not usually binge on biscuits are sure to love these Jeera Biscuits, which have a very nice flavour and appetising aroma of roasted cumin seeds.
The buttery aroma and crispness of the biscuits make them a hit with kids too, making it an all-round success! Keep some aside for yourself or you might not even get to taste it, because the whole batch will disappear within minutes!
Do not get worried if the biscuits are soft when taken out of the oven – they will become crisp after they cool down.
You can also try other yummy biscuits like the Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuit or Karachi Biscuits .
- Combine the butter and castor sugar in a deep bowl and mix with a spatula till it is light and creamy. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, cumin seeds and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients in the butter-sugar mixture along with the milk and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 250 mm. (10”) by 175 mm. (7”) rectangle without using any flour for rolling.
- Cut into 24 equal squares using a sharp knife.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per biscuit
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.