Banana and Walnut Bread, Eggless Banana and Walnut Bread
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23732 times
Stranded in a foreign land with no clue what to eat? Walk into a bakery or tea-house and you will surely find some Banana and Walnut Bread to warm your soul and fill your tummy. This perfect tea-time bread loaf is an international favourite, enjoyed by people all over the world.
The pleasant fruitiness of bananas and the nutty crunch of walnuts give this loaf a soulful and rustic flavour and texture. You can bake this Eggless Banana and Walnut Cake any time you wish to at home, because it makes use of just common ingredients. It is also a wise way to make use of over-ripe bananas!
Banana and Walnut Bread is also a perfect sweet treat for kids to nibble on.
- Combine the bananas, melted butter and castor sugar in a deep bowl and beat with an electric beater on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour, baking soda and milk and beat with an electric beater on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the walnuts and mix well using a spatula.
- Grease the cake tin with melted butter on all the sides.
- Dust with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and tap the tin to remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into a greased and dusted tin of 200 mm. × 75 mm. (8”× 3”) diameter aluminuim tin and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc(360ºf) for 35 minutes or till done.
- Cool completely, demould and serve warm.
Nutrient values per loaf
|Vitamin A||1711.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.