White Chocolate Pistachio Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 182 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22998 times
A coconut flavoured chocolate crust topped with a delicious, creamy white chocolate and pistachio filling.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add the desiccated coconut, cocoa powder and flour and mix well.
- Add the milk and knead gently to make a soft dough.
- Lightlly flour the rolling pin and the pastry board.
- Roll out the pastry to line a 150 mm. (6") diameter tart mould.
- Prick with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Combine the white chocolate, milk, cornflour, and sugar and mix well.
- Simmer over gentle heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously to get a smooth sauce.
- Whisk the fresh cream in another bowl till soft peaks form. Cool completely.
- Gently combine the cooled white chocolate mixture and whipped cream using a spatula.
- Pour the filling mixture over the baked crust.
- Garnish with the pistachios, whipped cream and fresh fruits.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pie
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.