Coffee Mousse Pie ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50353 times
Coffee and chocolate is a fabulous and sophisticated combination that adults seem to love by instinct. The coffee mousse on coconut crust highlights this wonderful combination. A soft coffee-chocolate mousse flavoured with honey, and set on a crunchy coconut crust… doesn’t that sound heavenly! a pleasing garnishing of castor sugar and cocoa powder makes the dessert look very appealing too.
- Combine the coconut, butter and brown sugar in a deep-non stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned, while stirring continuously.
- Spread and press the mixture at the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 50 seconds. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate-milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the coffee mixture and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Pour the coffee mousse mixture immediately over the prepared coconut base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours hour or till the mousse sets.
- Demould the pie and garnish with castor sugar and cocoa powder.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.