by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 390 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23604 times
For those who love exotic desserts, here is a lovely coffee-flavoured choice. You will enjoy the fresh flavour of these homemade doughnuts, coated with a cappuccino mixture that has strong hints of coffee, mild notes of chocolate and a lovely lacing of cinnamon too. You can have these Cappuccino Doughnuts as dessert, or serve as a surprise treat to kids back from school. Or just have it with a cup of hot chocolate for no reason at all!
- Combine the dry yeast, sugar and 1½ tbsp of lukewarm water in a small bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes so that the yeast mixture becomes frothy.
- Combine the milk and butter in another small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry yeast-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the milk-butter mixture gradually and knead into a soft and loose dough using water, if required.
- Add the oil and knead again till the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Sprinkle some plain flour on a flat, dry surface and roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thick circle.
- Dust the rim of the doughnut cutter with some plain flour and cut out 3 circles of 75 mm. (3”) diameter with it. Discard the centre round portion of each of the 3 circles to form a ring like shape and place them on a butter paper.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 to make 8 more doughnuts till the dough gets over.
- Cover the doughnuts with another butter paper while avoiding any contact with them and keep them aside in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, 2 doughnuts at a time on a slow flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- While the doughnuts are yet warm, dip them one by one in the prepared cappuccino mixture and roll them till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per doughnut
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.