Stir Fried Bhindi with Peanuts
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14635 times
Homely and quick, this is a no-fuss recipe that you can make on any day. It is made with everyday ingredients and the all-time favourite vegetable bhindi. And most importantly, it tastes awesome!
Try serving it to your family and nobody will believe that it was so easy and quick. The Stir-Fried Bhindi with Peanuts has the rich flavour of bhindi, enhanced with the crunch of onions and the tang of tomatoes.
A garnish of roasted and crushed peanuts imparts a fabulous taste and texture to the bhindi, making it quite unique. Serve hot with phulka .
Bhindi Do Pyaza , Bhindi Mappas Stuffed Bhindi with Paneer and Bhindi Sambhariya are a few more exciting bhindi sabzi recipes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the bhindi and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, add the salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the peanuts and coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.