Top 12 Easy Ginger, Adrak Indian Recipes
Ginger is a perennial herb that is used across the globe as a spice. It grows underground and is available in various forms like fresh, tender, dried, crystallized and in the powder form.
Ginger is a good source of potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese and vitamin B6. It has anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral properties that can do wonders for your health and help fight illness. Due to the various health benefits of ginger, it is considered a virtual medicine chest. Read 16 Super Health Benefits of Ginger.
1. Once peeled and grated/chopped, ginger can easily be thrown into various sauces, cocktails and marinades to enhance the dish. Ginger Spice, Ginger Carrot Apple Orange Juice is a refreshing body cleanser with medicinal properties of ginger.
Ginger Spice, Ginger Carrot Apple Orange Juice
2. Ginger Pachadi is an authentic South Indian accompaniment that combines the pungency of ginger with the tanginess of tamarind and the sweetness of jaggery.
Ginger Pachdi, Ginger Chutney, South Indian Recipe
3. Fresh Turmeric and Ginger Pickle are a refreshing, easy to make pickle. Stock up some bottles when they are in season and feel your taste buds tingle when you bite into a piece.
Fresh Turmeric and Ginger Pickle
4. You would have heard your parents and grandmothers recommending a cup of ginger tea for so many of your health issues. From treating stomach upsets to certain types of cancer, ginger delivers a wide range of therapeutic benefits. This ginger tea can be enhanced by adding lemon or honey.
Ginger Tea, Ginger Water for Cold and Cough
5. Ukado is another popular home remedy in Gujarati household made by boiling milk with lemongrass, mint and ginger. The moment anybody in the house complains of indigestion or a sore throat, somebody will bustle to the kitchen and prepare a cup of Ukado! Alternatively try the recipe of Ginger Milk as a home remedy for cold and cough.
Ukado, Gujarati Lemon Grass and Ginger Milk
6. Most Indian recipes would be incomplete without ginger-garlic paste or ginger-green chilli paste. They are now readily available in packed forms but, you can easily prepare these pastes and refrigerate them. The homemade paste is fresher and has more dynamic flavour than store-bought ones.
Ginger- Garlic Paste ( Popular Restaurant Recipes )
7. You all would have heard about aloo paratha, gobi paratha, mooli paratha but, Ginger Paratha? Try these all-time favourite Punjabi Breakfast of wholesome whole wheat paratha with the zesty flavour of ginger.
Ginger Paratha, Adrak ka Paratha
8. Ginger, in the dried form, is called Soonth or dried ginger. It is used for flavouring teas and also to make various aromatic masalas and powders which go into the making of subzis and gravies. Jaggery and Dried Ginger Balls are a great antidote for stomach ache.
Jaggery and Dried Ginger Balls
9. Ginger and lemon, ginger and mint or the combination of the trio is an excellent, flavorful combination used in the preparation of a variety of mocktails. Mint and Ginger Lemon Drink an easy to prepare, refreshing summer cooler. You can even perk up your watermelon juice by addition of some ginger. Ginger melon juice is a sure shot winner with one and all!
Mint and Ginger Lemon Drink