Ginger Paratha, Adrak ka Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4024 times
An easy-to-make and wholesome whole wheat paratha with the zesty flavour of ginger, speckled with carom and sesame seeds, this Ginger Paratha or Adrak ka Paratha is an all-time favourite Punjabi Breakfast recipe .
The best part is that this fabulous recipe is easy and quick to make, absolutely no rocket science! Since it has quite a good flavour by itself, you can just serve it with curds and pickles.
You can also try other parathas like the Paneer Spring Onion Paratha and Herbed Capsicum Paratha .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ½ tsp oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 6 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.