Egg Bhurji Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23739 times
Everybody loves bhurji – be it of paneer or egg, because of its succulent mouth-feel and spicy taste.
Put your favourite bhurji into a whole wheat paratha and you get a filling and super-tasty dish! The Egg Bhurji Paratha is an all-time favourite Punjabi breakfast, which is crisp and buttery outside, with a soft and masaledar stuffing. Since the stuffing is soft and succulent, you need to be careful while rolling, or it will start coming out.
Enjoy this sumptuous paratha with a dollop of butter on it, accompanied by pickles and curds, or with green chutney and tomato ketchup, whichever way you like it!
Also try the Onion Paratha or Paneer Parathas .
- Beat the eggs in a deep bowl and whisk it using a fork. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, beaten egg mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft, smooth dough using enough water.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough and bhurji into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the bhurji in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") in diameter, using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle), using a 1 tsp of ghee, till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and bhurji to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.