by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67275 times
egg paratha recipe | anda paratha with whole wheat flour | healthy Indian egg paratha | with 30 amazing images.
A masaledar and filling snack, which can be had as a meal itself, the egg paratha is something unique. anda paratha is an easy breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe which is protein rich and super healthy as has eggs!
On reading the name, you might have made many guesses about how the egg fits into the paratha – whether it is used as a stuffing, or whether it goes into the dough, etc.
But, this method to make anda paratha with whole wheat flour is so different but easy to prepare. A perfectly made whole wheat paratha with the aroma of carom seeds is layered with a chatpata egg mixture and cooked till the two layers fuse and give the paratha a unique taste and mouth-feel. Make sure you serve healthy Indian egg paratha immediately to get the best taste and texture!
You can also use leftover rotis to make anda paratha instead of making the parathas, it makes a very minute difference with the taste! The egg paratha turns out to be super soft and delicious! I prepare this for my kids for their breakfast or as a snack after their school. You can also add cheese while rolling the egg paratha which makes it even satiating and tongue licking.
See why this is a healthy Indian egg paratha? Made from eggs and whole wheat flour which are both healthy. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein. whole wheat flour is excellent for diabeticsas they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food.
Try other egg recipes like Hard Boiled Eggs or Vegetable Scrambled Eggs Topped with Feta.
Learn how to make egg paratha recipe | anda paratha with whole wheat flour | healthy Indian egg paratha | with detailed step by step recipe photos below.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. Spread ¼ tsp of ghee evenly over it.
- Fold over from one end to another end slightly overlapping each other.
- Then fold again from one end to another end overlapping each other.
- Roll again into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using ½ tsp of oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 1 more paratha. Keep aside.
- Break the eggs in a deep bowl and beat well using a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients and beat well. Keep aside.
- To make egg paratha, heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using 1 tsp of oil. Pour half the egg mixture on it.
- Place a prepared paratha on it and press it lightly. Cook using 1 tsp of oil.
- Turnover and cook again till it is cooked.
- Cut into 4 equal portions using a cutter or a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 1 more egg paratha.
- Serve egg paratha immediately.
Egg Paratha recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.