Methi Paneer Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 584 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 99579 times
methi paneer paratha recipe | healthy paneer methi paratha | Punjabi paneer methi paratha |
methi paneer paratha is a nourishing one dish meal. Learn how to make healthy paneer methi paratha.
Punjabi paneer methi paratha is an even more exciting version of paneer paratha made using whole wheat flour, low fat paneer that is perked up with aromatic fenugreek leaves.
To make methi paneer paratha, first make the dough. For that combine the wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough, using enough water. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and leave aside for 10 minutes. For stuffing, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and ginger-green chilli paste. When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the paneer and mix well. Divide the dough and stuffing into 4 equal portions. Roll a portion of dough, place a portion of stuffing in the centre, bring all the sides to the centre and seal it. Again roll into a 4" paratha and cook on a medium flame on hot tava till golden brown. Serve hot.
Let’s see why this is a healthy paneer methi paratha? The methi contributes not just flavour but also substantial amounts of vitamin A and calcium to this toothsome dish. Relish these methi paneer parathas. Paneer, on the other hand, is also calcium rich. The combination of these 2 ingredients in this Punjabi breakfast is a true nourishing package.
Further with substantial amount of fibre in healthy paneer methi paratha, it can be enjoyed by diabetic, heart patients and cancer patients for breakfast or lunch.
Tips for methi paneer paratha. 1. Make the dough only with wheat flour and no addition of maida to have a healthy meal. 2. Low fat paneer has been used to cut down on calorie and fat intake. If you do not have any fat restriction, you can opt for regular paneer. 3. Serve it off the tava as there is no ghee or butter used for brushing after cooking.
Enjoy methi paneer paratha recipe | healthy paneer methi paratha | Punjabi paneer methi paratha | punjabi breakfast | with recipe below.
- Combine the wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough, using enough water. Knead well.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and ginger-green chilli paste.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer and mix well. Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter.
- Place one portion of the methi paneer stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter using flour to roll the paratha.
- Cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more methi paneer paratha.
- Serve the methi paneer parathas hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.