Mangalorean Tea, Kasai, Kadha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 3460 times
The Mangalorean Tea is a herbal drink made of dry-roasted and coarsely-powdered spices. The spices are boiled with water and sweetened with misri.
A little bit of milk is added to the herbal concoction to balance the flavour and strength and make it pleasant to the palate. Apart from having a general rejuvenating effect, this caffeine-free herbal tea also helps to soothe the throat.
Try other home remedies like the Cold Reliever and Honey Ginger Tea .
- Heat a small broad non-stick pan and dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring it continuously.
- Cool slightly and blend in mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a saucepan and add 1½ tbsp of prepared spice powder and misri, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minute, while stirring occasionally
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.