Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
THE POWER OF BREAKFAST
Kick-start your day with a nutritious meal to stay healthy and fit. Try Mango, Banana and Spinach Smoothie Bowl.
Mango, Banana and Spinach Smoothie Bowl
Nutritionists have long considered breakfast as the ultimate brain food. I cannot reiterate that point enough. Breakfast is really the most important meal of the day, and by skipping it, you will not lose weight but you will certainly lose out on a whole range of benefits.
My team of nutritionists outlines here some reasons to ensure you have a good breakfast every day:
1. Most important meal of the day : Our body is similar to a car in that it needs fuel to run, and like a car, the better you look after your body, the longer and better it will run. Breakfast is the start to your day and as the name suggests, it is necessary to ‘break’ your all-night ‘fast’ and fuel your body for the day. Plan it and make Moong Sprouts and Bajra Pessaruttu as a highly satiating breakfast option.
Moong Sprouts and Bajra Pessaruttu
2. Meets one-fourth of your nutritional requirements : Having breakfast means consuming fibre-rich, high-protein and low-fat food. Thus, breakfast helps to meet our nutritional requirements and prevents nutrient deficiency. Try the Oatmeal Almond Milk with Apples - a Healthy Vegan breakfast.
Oatmeal Almond Milk with Apples, Healthy Vegan Breakfast
3. Maintains normal weight : A good breakfast like Quinoa Veg Upma keeps you energetic and healthy as it provides the necessary nutrient boost, improves your metabolism, and prevents bingeing on high calorie foods later in the day. Some people think that by skipping breakfast, they will lose fat quickly.
However, they are not only disturbing their body, but will certainly crave for something unhealthy or have a huge meal for lunch.
Quinoa Veg Upma, Vegan Breakfast
4. Ensure excellent memory function : Studies have shown that eating breakfast improves memory and learning. That means you are actually feeding your brain, rather than the stomach. Try Indian Oats Pancake with Jowar.
Indian Oats Pancake with Jowar
5. Improves overall health : A good breakfast has a positive impact on lowering cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that persons who skip breakfasts are more prone to diabetes risk. Enjoy Coconut Chia Seeds Pudding with Mixed Fruits.
Coconut Chia Seeds Pudding with Mixed Fruits and Walnuts
6. Helps avoid sugary and fatty foods : A hearty breakfast will discourage you from grabbing a mid-morning sugary snack or opting for fried food in the evening. Instead opt for a protein rich breakfast like Parsley Hummus with Cucumber and Carrot Sticks.
7. Lessens anxiety : Studies have proved that children who skip breakfast tend to be more anxious, tired, and restless, which may lead to more aggressive behaviour. Serve Buckwheat Dosa for breakfast. Kids are sure to love it.
A balanced breakfast should provide:
1. About 25% of your daily calorie intake.
2. A mix of carbohydrates, protein and fibre.
3. A serving of fruit.
4. Plenty of fluids.
A good breakfast keeps you alert and energetic throughout the day. So, begin your day with the right mix of ingredients to give you a good start and keep energy levels perked up till lunch. By eating a good breakfast parents can set an example for their children, so ensure that the whole family sits down to a wholesome breakfast every day.