Top 10 Punjabi Tikki Recipes
Tikki is one of the most popular Indian snacks. More than calling it a snack, it is a category of snacks by its own right, because there are so many varieties of tikkis that one can make, right from the simple aloo based ones to rich dry fruit stuffed ones!
Every Indian party will have at least one type of tikki on the starter spread. From roadside vendors to star hotels, everybody has tikki on the menu. Whether it is a hot, buttery tikki enjoyed on the roadside with Green Chutney and ketchup, or a platter of exotic tikkis served on a special occasion, the tikki never fails to please!
Cauliflower Greens Mixed Sprouts Tikki
The best part is that you don’t need an occasion to enjoy a tikki. You can make tikkis for tea-time, for a kitty party or for a kiddies’ party because it is easy to make and tastes simply fab when served with chutney or a dip. You can even use tikkis innovatively. Add them to a sizzler, or use them as patties for burgers. Cut a tikki and add it to a pulao or salad instead of bread croutons. The spicy succulence of the tikki adds a dimension of fun to any dish.
1. Aloo Tikki is a famous street food from Delhi. You can even stuff it between a burger bun and make an Aloo Tikki burger, drizzle with some chole, curd and chutney and transform into a lip-smacking chaat like the aloo tikki chaat or simply relish it as it is.
2. Root vegetables apart from potatoes are always neglected but, they taste amazing and have a texture similar to potatoes. Try this unique combination of suran and chana dal to make crispy, deep-fried Suran Chana Dal Tikkis which taste yum with green chutney.
Suran Chana Dal Tikkis
3. Also, this Sweet Potato Tikkis with Tomato Raita. Mashed sweet potatoes with a blend of spices which bind together with rice flour and cornflour are fried to perfection. Don’t miss out on sprinkling the chaat masala on top.
Sweet Potato Tikkis with Tomato Raita
4. Kand Tikki is another delectable snack that you can eat while fasting. This is also a winter special food when purple yam is found in the market.
5. Looking for some healthy snacking option? This Masoor Tikki with Curd Dip. Made with masoor dal and panner, the flavours are due to the addition of onions and coriander. The special mint based dip is the main attraction of this snack.
Masoor Tikki with Curd Dip
6. Moong Sprouts and Spring Onion Tikki and Rajma Tikki Satay with Spring Onion Dip are some recipes you must try!! The combination of dal/pulses with vegetables and myriad of spices is loaded with tongue-tingling flavour and lots of nutrients.
Moong Sprouts and Spring Onion Tikki
7. A unique way to add broccoli to your kid’s diet is by combining it with something they love and that is obviously cheese. Tempt them with this Cheese and Broccoli Tikkis, you can even stuff and roll them into parathas .
Cheese and Broccoli Tikkis, Cheese Cutlet Recipe
8. Try these popular Tikki recipes like Paneer Tikki Aur Chole as appetizers or cocktail accompaniments for a party at home and charm the guests.
Paneer Tikki Aur Chole
9. Corn us yet another ingredient which is used when we talk about tikkis. Mixed with potatoes, these Corn and Potato Tikki are best snack for people of all ages. They have small cubes of cheese in between which after deep-frying will melt and give that gooey effect that kids love.
Corn and Potato Tikkis
10. A unique tikka recipe is Rava Green Peas Tikki. The outher covering of the tikka is made with semolina cooked with water and then kneaded into a dough. The stuffing is very simple of green peas perked up with coriander, green chillies and lemon juice. Serve them with a spicy green chutney.
Rava Green Peas Tikki
Once you get a wind of tikki making, you can even invent your own! Just grab the ingredients you have, use a dal or potato as the base and come up with your own tikkis. It is a world that is limited only by your creativity. Happy cooking!!