Quinoa Veg Upma, Vegan Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11525 times
Wondering what to make for breakfast today? Go for this healthy, vegan Quinoa Veg Upma.
Loaded with the goodness of quinoa and veggies, this upma tastes awesome, is very filling, and nutritious as well. It is quite easy to make too.
You just need to temper mustard seeds, sauté the nuts and veggies and cook the quinoa with it. A garnish of coriander and a squeeze of lemon gives the upma an appetizing aroma and flavour.
The peanuts and cashews give you a nice crunch, while the veggies treat your palate to a multi-textural extravaganza!
Quinoa is high in fibre , gluten free and has a low glycemic index, which makes it suitable for diabetics.
Next time you plan to make Rava Upma , go for this healthier alternative instead. You can also try other quinoa recipes like Quinoa Muthia or Quinoa Feta and Mixed Veg Salad .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cashewnuts and peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli powder, salt and 2¼ cups of hot water, mix well cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 22 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the coriander and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.