Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables and Tahini Dressing
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13890 times
Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables and Tahini Dressing is an amazing culinary treat, which combines multiple textures and flavours in a very apt way.
Here, cooked quinoa is bathed in the famous Lebanese Tahini and topped with roasted veggies, which add an amazing flavour and a splash of colours to the quinoa.
The Tahini sauce too, with the tang of curds and lemon juice, and the peppy aroma of sesame seeds, adds more fun and flavour to the dish. Prepare the roasted vegetables just before serving because it will lose its crispness and flavour.
In specific, if you have added salt and prepared the veggies before, it will release water and make the recipe runny – and funny! While making the Tahini too, use thick hung curds or Greek yoghurt only, so that you are assured of a creamy and luscious mouth-feel!
You will also enjoy other quinoa recipes like Quinoa, Corn and Capsicum Salad and Coconut Quinoa with Coconut Curry .
- Boil 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the quinoa and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer into a big plate and keep aside to cool completely.
- Pierce a fork through the green capsicum, brush ¼ tsp of oil evenly over it and roast on a slow flame till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat step 1 with the red capsicum as well.
- Immerse both the capsicum in cold water and remove the burnt skin while washing it with your hands.
- Remove the stem and seeds and roughly chop them and keep aside.
- Pierce a fork through the onion and roast on a slow flame till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
- Remove the burnt skin but without water and roughly chop them.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the capsicum and onions in a deep bowl and toss well. Keep aside.
- Roast the sesame seeds in a small non-stick pan on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Allow it to cool completely, transfer it into a mixer along with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and blend till smooth.
- Combine the curds and the prepared tahini paste in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Put the quinoa in a serving dish and spread it evenly.
- Pour all the tahini dressing evenly over it.
- Put all the roasted vegetables and spread it evenly.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.