Last Updated : Jun 06,2018
Viewed 5448 times
7 Health Benefits of Quinoa
1. Protein Rich: One cup of Quinoa contains 8 grams of Protein. Not only that, it is a complete protein which has all the nine essential amino acids. Great source of complete protein for Vegetarians.
2. High in Fibre : Quinoa has twice the amount of fibre than other grains. Once cup of Quinoa has 5 grams of Fibre. Being high in fibre will help relive constipation, keeps you fuller for a longer time resulting in eating healthy and helping weight loss.
3.Rich In Magnesium: Magnesium is required in a body for cellular metabolism. It also aids in formation of bones and teeth.
4. Iron Rich : Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy. Iron helps our cells "breathe". Iron (“haeme”) works with protein (“globin”) to make the “haemoglobin” in red blood cells.
5. Increases your energy : Quinoa is rich in Vitamin B2. Vitamin B2, also known as Riboflavin, enables you to get usable energy from the foods you eat. It also enables the development and maintenance of red blood cells (RBCs) – another factor that contributes to your energy levels. The more red blood cells you have, the more energy you have.
6. Rich in Lysine : This is required for tissue growth and repair.
7. Gluten Free : There is a healthy grain for those following a Gluten free diet and also for everyone else. Being devoid of wheat, its a far healthier ingredient to use in snacks, soups, salads and breakfast.
Glycemic Index of Quinoa
Quinoa has a Glycemic Index of 53 which is medium. Glycemic Index are for foods you eat, ranks carbohydrate-containing foods by how quickly they digest and raise your blood sugar or glucose levels. Foods rank from 0 to 50 are low GI, 51 to 69 are medium and 70 to 100 are high. Foods that are high in GI are not suitable for weight loss and diabetics. Foods like Quinoa have a GI of 53 but are also high in Fibre and hence don't spike your glucose level as they are absorbed slowly. Great for weight loss and suitable for diabetics.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.