Methi Koftas in Kadhi, Veg Methi Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26931 times
Easy to make but superlatively delicious, this kadhi plays perfect host to delectable, non-fried, methi-flavoured koftas.
These unique koftas are made with flours of multiple grains, perked up with lemon juice and ginger-green chilli paste. The koftas are steamed and not deep-fried, so they will not aggravate acidity.
Neither the koftas nor the kadhi is spicy, so this dish is quite stomach-friendly. Serve the Methi Koftas in Kadhi for lunch along with any stomach friendly roti .
- Combine the fenugreek leaves and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the water from the fenugreek leaves and transfer it in a deep bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water and knead it into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into round balls.
- Place the koftas in a steamer plate and steam for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the kadhi, add the methi koftas, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.