Punjabi Malai Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 121264 times
Kofta are a favourite with Punjabis and kofta are made with nearly any vegetable. Potatoes are usually used for binding the kofta, which may be flavoured with a variety of Punjabi spices. The gravy in which the kofta are doused also vary. The Punjabi Malai Kofta are a specialty and savored by all connoisseurs of Punjabi food. Spicy and soft vegetable dumplings are put into a rich tomato gravy cooked in butter and topped with cream.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and shape them into flat koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas in it over a medium flame till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan with ½ cup of water and cook on a low flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Blend this mixture in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the prepared tomato gravy, Punjabi garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, sugar and salt and bring to boil.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Add the koftas and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and butter.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.