Butter Garlic Naan, Tava Garlic Butter Naan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 190375 times
butter garlic naan | tava garlic naan | homemade garlic naan with butter | with 17 amazing images.
Our butter garlic naan is a tava garlic naan. homemade garlic naan with butter is a rich Indian bread recipe, with the exciting flavour of garlic and green chillies.
While naan is traditionally prepared in a tandoor, this butter garlic naan can be comfortably prepared in a tava at home.
Notes and tips on butter garlic naan. 1. Knead into a soft dough using a little water. Add the water gradually so that you are able to judge the consistency of the dough while you are kneading. The dough should be soft but not sticky. 2. Cover the dough with a lid or a damp muslin cloth to prevent it from drying out.
Remember to brush each tava garlic naan with melted butter, just as the Punjabis like it, and serve with your favourite subzi and side dishes like Boondi and Pomegranate Raita or Cabbage and Carrot Kachumber.
Learn to make butter garlic naan | tava garlic naan | homemade garlic naan with butter | with step by step photos below.
- To make butter garlic naan, combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl, mix gently and cover with a lid and keep aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, coarse garlic paste, curd, oil and salt and in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or a damp muslin cloth and allow it prove till it increases in volume slightly (approx. 30 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board and roll out into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan, cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 5 more naans.
- Brush each tava garlic naan with a little melted butter and serve immediately.
Butter Garlic Naan Video by Tarla Dalal
Butter Garlic Naan, Tava Garlic Butter Naan recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per garlic naan
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.