Garlic Cheese Naan, Tava Naan Without Yeast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4096 times
Let’s inject a dash of fun into plain naans and make them trendy and tasty enough to have just plain!
To make the Garlic Cheese Naan, a mixture of garlic and cheese is stuffed into naan dough and then rolled and cooked as usual. This gives the naan a rich taste and fabulously cheesy mouth-feel.
You can enjoy these naans with any subzi or make them in smaller sizes and serve as a starter at parties . Try other interesting recipes like Dal Fry and Makhani Paneer .
- Combine all the ingredients, except the garlic and cheese in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Knead again for 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Put 1 tsp of garlic and 1½ tbsp of cheese in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and remove the excess dough and slightly flatten it.
- Again roll out into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan, cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Brush the naan with ½ tsp of melted butter evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 5 to 11 to make 9 more naans.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per naan
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.