Makhani Paneer, Mughlai Makhani Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33237 times
Makhani Paneer, as the name suggests is an ever-popular dish of succulent cottage cheese served in a buttery gravy.
A paste of cashews, onions, tomatoes and other ingredients gives the makhani gravy its classic flavour, while ingredients like cream, curds and butter give it the creamy mouth-feel.
We have used a dash of tomato ketchup to easily get an awesome aroma, taste and attractive hue. Dried fenugreek leaves are a must, to give the gravy a super duper aroma boost!
Enjoy the Makhani Paneer hot and fresh with rotis off the tava. You can also try other paneer based subzis like Paneer Pasanda and Paneer Methi Chaman .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep non-stick pan along with 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan add the bayleaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared makhani paste, curds, tomato ketchup, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, sugar and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.