by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59399 times
Think Nawabi, and luxury is the first word that comes to mind! Indeed, what better way to recreate that richness than by using mixed nuts. This scrumptious Nawabi Naan is an amazing creation of traditional tandoori naan studded with nuts. This gives you a lovely texture and mildly sweet flavour as you chew on the naan. Once you sprinkle the nuts on the rolled dough, roll it lightly once again, so that they stick to the dough and do not fall off when cooked in the tava. Serve this naan with a tangy, spicy Subzis / Curries to make a memorable meal.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl and cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the dry fruits, in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Sprinkle ½ tablespoon of dry fruits over it, and roll it again lightly using a rolling pin.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan over it with the dry fruit side facing downwards.
- Cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Brush each naan with a little butter and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per naan
|Vitamin A||109.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.