Pudina Naan, Phudina Naan, Mint Naan Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 164 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51520 times
The all-time tandoori favourite, now ready to make in your own kitchen, and that too using readily available ingredients!
Perked up with a delectable phudina paste made of mint, cumin and other ingredients, naan turns into an appetizingly coloured dish with an attractive flavour. Use butter rather than oil to brush the Phudina Naan while cooking, in order to get a rich aroma and ideal texture.
Serve accompanied with any subzi of your choice. I suggest you serve with Aloo Lajawab or Baby Corn Aur Paneer ka Salan or Malai Kofta . Tastes great also with Dhabey ki Dal .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 5 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl, mix gently and cover with a lid and keep aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, phudin paste, oil and salt and in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and allow it prove till it increases in volume slightly (approx. 30 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board and roll out into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan, cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 5 more naans.
- Brush each naan with a little melted butter and serve immediately.
Pudina Naan Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||41.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.