Pudina Kulchas, Healthy Kulcha Made with Yeast On Tava
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26227 times
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water and leave aside for 10 minutes or until the yeast begins to ferment.
- Add the wheat flour, soya flour, mint and salt to this liquid and knead into a soft dough, using enough water until it is smooth and elastic (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out one portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle with the help of a little flour.
- Cook the kulcha on a tava (griddle) over a medium flame using soya oil till both sides are golden brown. (the kulchas should puff up like phulkas).
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 4 more kulchas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kulcha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.