Baby Corn Aur Paneer ka Salan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 430 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49561 times
The addition of crunchy baby corn and creamy soft paneer enhance the flavours and provide an interesting new twist to the recipe of Salan. The sweet and spicy flavours marry to make a very filling and tasty main dish that requires only rotis or parathas alongside.
- Combine the tamarind with ¼ cup of water in a bowl , mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a small non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the bhavagri chillies on a medium flame for 30 seconds. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the peanuts, sesame seeds, coconut, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes while stirring occasionally or till the tomatoes soften. Keep aside and allow it to cool completely.
- Transfer the gravy into the mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared onion-tomato paste, tamarind pulp, jaggery and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fried bhavnagri chillies, baby corn and paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.