Doodhi Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 101353 times
Grated pumpkin retains its crunchiness in these crisp koftas simmered in tangy tomato gravy.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add a little water if required to make a loose dough.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter in hot oil and deep-fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- If you do not want to deep-fry the koftas, just microwave them for 40 seconds.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bayleaves, cloves and peppercorns to it.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, asafoetida and nutmeg powder.
- Cook for a few minutes till the oil separates.
- Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk, cream and the corn flour mixture.
- Add the koftas bring to a boil and simmer for some time.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.