Top 10 Tea Time Indian Hot Snack Recipes
Tea time is a very special time to be enjoyed with family and friends. A hot cup of Indian Masala Chai can revive your spirits when you are tired. Most people prefer biscuits or khakhra as an accompaniment to tea. On days when you do find time, you can prepare a nice, hot and tasty tea-time snack. In fact, some hot snacks served as an accompaniment can really make your day.
Masala Chai Or Masala Tea
Most of the hot tea-time snacks must be served immediately after preparation to enjoy the fresh blast of taste and exciting textures. Re-heating and serving later doesn’t work well. So, prepare everything beforehand but cook the snack just before serving.
Top 10 Tea Time Indian Hot Snack Recipes
Best Tea Time Indian Snack Recipes
1. Deep-fried tea-time snacks are especially enjoyable in the monsoon and winter months. Enjoy these deep fried foods on a rainy day Chana Dal Vada. With loads of onions, green chillies and spices, this delicacy is famous even on roadside with a hot cup of chai in South India.
Chana Dal Vada, Crispy Chana Dal Vada
2. Another hot Indian snack is Pumpkin Pakoras. Every tried this snack using kaddu? Do try it once. Grated pumpkin bind together with rice flour and besan and spiced with carom seeds, ginger and garlic, these crispy pakodas are sure to entice you. Do not miss out on sprinkling the chaat masala on top after frying.
Pumpkin Pakoras, Kaddu Pakoda, Tea Snack
3. Bread is everyone’s all time favourite. At tea time you can try a hot Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich. Bread with a layer of butter and green chutney stuffed with aloo and cheese slices when cooked in a sandwich griller will make you drool. Make it as a snack for family or even at parties.
Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich
4. A lip-smacking snack from the land of Rajasthan is Moong Dal Kachori. Flaky, yet soft covering stuffed with a spicy moong dal stuffing when deep-fried is a true tea time snack. While you can enjoy this snack off the kadhai, they can also be stored in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 days.
Moong Dal Kachori
5. Gujarati’s prefer puris at tea time. Plain puri to masala puri and even Aloo ki Puri. The dough of masala puri has grated potatoes which lends a very appetizing flavour while the use of spices give an extremely interesting aroma.
Aloo Ki Puri
6. Bread dough layered with garlic chutney and stuffed with a peppy potato mixture before being baked to a perfectly golden colour, which makes it look and smell irresistible. That’s Baked Vada Pav. While Vada Pav is also a famous tea time snack in India, this is a slightly unique way of serving it, which is non-fried.
Vada Pav, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
7. The tempting Green Pea Dhoklas, make yet another interesting tea time snack option. The hot soft dhoklas are a healthy option to fried snacks. The use of fiber rich green peas and protein rich besan classifies this recipe as super healthy.
Green Peas Dhokla
8. Ah! The aroma of Veg Puff in a bakery is extremely tempting. The Veg Puff has a unique flaky cover, enclosing a succulent mixed vegetable filling, which makes it both flavourful and satiating. The use if ample margarine is what lends this snack its flaky texture. Learn how to make them in your own kitchen with step-by-step photos.
9. Succulent Paneer Nuggets is every paneer fans’ delight. Marinated paneer cubes dipped in maida mixture, coated with bread crumbs and deep-fried is a pleasing tea time snack. It is so well spiced, that it needs no other accompaniment than a cup of tea. The enticing aroma of chaat masala, the spicy twang of garam masala, and lots more interesting shades can be noted in every bite of this snack.
Paneer Nuggets, Quick Paneer Deep-fried Snack
10. Hot oven roasted Sweet Potato Fries make a yet another interesting tea time snack. Here, the sweet potatoes are cut, laced with spices and roasted in the oven for a while till they obtain a perfect texture, which is both soft and crisp. A squeeze of lemon juice is the masterstroke in this snack which enhances its taste by manifold.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Shakarkand Snack