Banana and Rajgira Puri, Upvaas Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10173 times
Craving for puris on an upvaas day? Well, nothing wrong in having a piece or two of this tasty, upvaas friendly Banana and Rajgira Puri to satisfy your hunger and top up the energy levels.
These yummy puris are made of a dough of rajgira flour, boosted with mashed bananas and laced with cardamom powder.
Mildly sweet, with the pleasant flavour of banana, these puris taste best when served immediately after preparation.
You can also try other fasting recipes like the Kand Puri and the Chatpata Kand .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough, without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Grease your palms with little oil, take one portion of the dough, roll it between your palms into a round and flatten it lightly to form a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using your fingertips.
- Repeat step 3 to make 9 more puris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry 2 puris at a time, on a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.