Green Peas Dhokla ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 182 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76677 times
green peas dhokla recipe | matar dhokla | Gujarati snack recipe | green dhokla |
green peas dhokla are easy and delicious dhoklas that are made nutritious by the addition of green peas, which are full of fibre and also impart a nice green colour.
The batter of matar dhokla is made with the besan, green peas purée, salt, powdered sugar, ginger- green chilli paste, citric acid-water mixture and water. It is poured into a greased thali and steamed in a steamer till done. Finally, a tempering of mustard seeds, green chillies and asafoetida in oil is poured over the dhokla. Garnishing the green dhokla with coriander and coconut gives a truly traditional touch.
Besan is a versatile ingredient that is used to make most farsaans. Here it is used to thicken the batter in green peas dhokla . Citric acid crystals are added to this Gujarati snack recipe to impart the required tanginess to this dhokla. You can use lemon juice instead if you wish to.
Remember to use your hands to mix the batter, else the lumps won’t break and won’t cook well too.
Serve green peas dhokla immediately with green chutney.
Enjoy green peas dhokla recipe | matar dhokla | Gujarati snack recipe | green dhokla | with video given below.
- To make green peas dhokla, combine the besan, green peas purée, salt, powdered sugar, ginger- green chilli paste, citric acid-water mixture and ½ cup of water and mix well with your hand to get a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter thali with little oil. Keep aside.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and add 2 tbsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Steam in steamer for 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, switch off the flame, add the asafoetida and green chillies and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of water and pour the tempering over the green peas dhoklas.
- Cool slightly and cut into square pieces.
- Garnish the green peas dhokla with coriander and coconut and serve immediately with green chutney.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
- To make 1 cup green peas purée, blend 1½ cups fresh green peas in a mixer till smooth. Keep refrigerated till use.
Green Peas Dhokla Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.