Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21046 times
Thattai is a savoury snack from south india that is easy to make, as it does not require any specific moulds etc. With basic ingredients and your hands as tools, you can produce a culinary delight.
- Combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, chilli powder, asafoetida, curry leaves, butter, daria and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a smooth dough and keep aside.
- Divide it into 20 to 25 equal portions and press each portion between 2 sheets of plastic using fingers lightly to make flat rounds.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry them on a medium flame till they turn brown in colour and crisp.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per thattai
|Vitamin A||65.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.