Top 10 Indian Zucchini Recipes
A decade back, many of us might not have even heard of zucchini but today we can hardly avoid it. It stares at us from the racks of almost all vegetable shops and prompts us to pick up at least a few! An exotic vegetable that is easily available and widely used today, zucchini has proved its worth as more than a salad veggie. Quite similar to cucumber, zucchini is available throughout the year. It is available in two variants – green and yellow, the green ones being more commonly used.
1. Sandwiches are amongst the first uses of zucchini that one can think of. Common though this might sound, rest assured that the zucchini will transform the dish into a special one. Try options like the Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich.
Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich
2. Zucchini, Bell Pepper and Sprouted Moong Salad is one of the top 10 Indian zucchini recipes.
Zucchini, Bell Pepper and Sprouted Moong Salad
3. When you are ready to look beyond that, you can make a yummy Zucchini Stir- Fry. Sautéed in butter and flavoured with garlic and chilli flakes, it is a simple lunch option.
Zucchini Stir- Fry
4. Looking for elegant dish? Try Baked Cheesy Zucchini Slices. Crunchy to the core, these are truly a party treat. Serve with any spicy sauce of your choice.
Baked Cheesy Zucchini Slices
5. Zucchini Fritters with Spicy Mayo Dip is a yet another wonderful snack that can be served as a starter at parties. Zucchini strips are batter coated and fried. The spicy mayo dip is the main attraction of this recipe, which the guests are sure to enjoy.
Zucchini Fritters with Spicy Mayo Dip
6. When standard starters like French fries and tikkis get boring, you know it is time to try something different like the fritters or perhaps even the Cheesy Baked Zucchini Fries.
Cheesy Baked Zucchini Fries
7. Brace yourself for the bigger and better surprises that are in store for you! Guess what, we also show you how to make savoury tarts and muffins with zucchini. The Zucchini and Flax Seed Muffins, for example, is a great way to make your whole family go gaga over zucchini, including kids.
Zucchini and Flax Seed Muffins
8. To appeal to elders, you can try incorporating the zucchini into subzis, rotis and other Indian dishes. The Zucchini Thepla is one such dish, which everybody will love.
9. Well zucchini can also be made into a spread and enjoyed with toasted bread. Flavoured with fresh herbs like parsley, along with garlic, walnuts and olive oil, this spread is incredibly unique. That’s the Zucchini Toast.
10. How can we miss on using zucchini in our favourite pizzas? Bellpepper Zucchini and Pesto Pizza. The roasted veggies on a thin crust pizza base with a pesto spread is truly an exceptional indulgence.
Bellpepper, Zucchini and Pesto Pizza
Have a go at these recipes, and try other zucchini based delights . Next time you go to the market, you will not stop and think at the zucchini basket. You will go straight ahead and grab some, if you have not already added it to your list.