by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11824 times
Zucchini, a vegetable that you generally tend to associate with continental dishes and baked recipes, fits beautifully into our all-time desi favourite – the humble thepla!
The whole wheat flour dough is enriched with zucchini, ginger and garlic, and in a unique twist, we also put a little dried herbs and seasonings into it. This gives the Zucchini Thepla a very exciting, fusion flavour.
Do not rest the dough for too long as it will get watery and you will not be able to roll it properly. Be generous with the oil while cooking, or you might end up with dry and hard theplas.
Serve this delicious thepla with pickles and raita or dips . You can try exciting options like the Herbed Curd Dip and the Mustard Chilli Pickle .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 11 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook on a medium flame, using oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 10 more theplas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thepla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.