Orange Sesame Tabbouleh
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12138 times
A delightful orange sesame flavoured broken wheat salad. This salad is soothing, especially if you are feeling nauseous and don't feel like eating much. Broken wheat is a good source of carbohydrates which will help you feel better and also nourish you with iron, vitamin C and fibre. This dish combines bulgur wheat with onions, tomatoes and parsley with orange squash, olive oil and lemon juice, all of which provide contrasting flavours and textures that will surely appeal to you.
- Cook the bulgur wheat in 1½ cups of water for 10 minutes till it is tender.
- Drain and pour cold water over to cool the bulgur wheat.
- Drain again and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving so that all the flavours blend.
- While grating the orange zest, be careful not to be grate the white pith, as it is bitter.
Orange Sesame Tabbouleh Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.