Mixed Sprouts Parota, Sprouts Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5661 times
A wholesome dough of wheat flour and nachni flour is reinforced with mixed sprouts for good health and spice powders for taste, to make a fantastic Mixed Sprouts Parota.
This fibre-rich treat is rolled in a traditional Bengali method, to make it all the more appetising. We have avoided ghee and used minimal oil so as not to increase cholesterol levels.
These parathas are excellent to serve for a Healthy Breakfast .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Lightly fold from one end to the other to make a roll.
- Roll it over again from one end to the other end to form a swiss roll and seal the open end tightly at the bottom in the centre.
- Turnover the swiss roll so that the sealed side faces upwards and again gently roll into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the parota, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more parotas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per parota
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.