Lentil, Tomato and Spinach Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54006 times
Steaming hot and semi-spicy, this healthful and tasteful Lentil, Tomato and Spinach Soup is perfect to kindle your appetite! Spinach is one of the good sources of iron, but there is another good reason to have this soup. Both tomatoes and spinach are a good source of folic acid, which also plays an important role in improving haemoglobin levels.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the onions, garlic and peppercorns, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the masoor dal, tomatoes, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth pur e.
- Transfer the pur e into a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach and ½ cup of water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.