390 Long Grain Rice recipes | Indian recipes using Long Grained Rice | Indian recipes using basmati rice |
Long Grain Rice recipes | Indian recipes using Long Grained Rice
Long grain rice is used in Indian cooking from Quick Indian recipes using long grained rice, Pulao and Biryani recipes using long grain rice to Indian desserts using Basmati rice. Go ahead and choose from our exciting collection of long grain rice recipes.
Tomato Methi Rice ( Iron Rich Recipe )
Basic recipe using basmati, long grained rice
Knowing the basics of cooking perfect rice is very important. To make any recipe using long grained rice, basic recipe to cook should be perfect to achieve the final product. Here are few recipes which tells you everything from scratch.
1. How To Cook Basmati Rice most popular variety is the Basmati rice, which when literally translated from Hindi, means 'queen of fragrance'.
How To Cook Perfect Basmati Rice in A Pan Or Pot, Indian Style
2. How To Cook Basmati Rice for Biryani an important basic recipe that one must know, to ensure that their biryani has the perfect consistency and texture with long grains even after cooking.
How To Cook Basmati Rice for Biryani
3. How To Make Basmati Rice in A Pressure Cooker made life easier for us by reducing the time taken to cook many dishes!
How To Make Basmati Rice in A Pressure Cooker, Indian Style
4. Crispy Rice a key ingredient in Chinese cooking often used in sweets, savouries and Soups as a key ingredient or as a garnish.
Crispy Rice, Deep Fried Chinese Crispy Rice
Quick Indian recipe using long grained rice, Basmati rice
Recipes ready in minutes, using long grained rice. When short of time or you getting late for work, these pulao recipes would speed up your time and make it easier and quick.
1. Vegetable Pulao loaded with veggies and flavoured subtly with a fine choice of spices, the Vegetable Pulao is one dish that is famous all over the world.
2. Corn Methi Pulao sweetness of corn and the innate bitterness of methi complement each other well in this pulao.
Corn Methi Pulao
3. Cabbage Pulao a quick-fix but filling dinner! sliced capsicum and a very mild dose of pepper are the only flavouring agents in this gentle rice.
4. Baked Beans with Buttered Rice a pungent topping of baked beans, onions, capsicum and ketchup complements the buttered rice very well.
Baked Beans with Buttered Rice
5. Khumb Pulao succulent mushrooms with zesty spring onions, perked up with spices and powders make a delicious Khumb Pulao that will be loved by the whole family.
Pulao recipes using Basmati rice, long grain rice
Pulao is cousin of biryani, yes that’s true but the best part is its prepared in half the time that biryani takes. The recipes are either all in one or sautéed in flavoured veggies.
1. Achari Chana Pulao name stands for pickle flavoured, this chickpea pulao is flavoured with pickle which makes the dish even interesting.
Achari Chana Pulao, Pickled Kabuli Chana Pulao
2. Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao a unique tiffin that your kid is sure to love! Children are generally very fond of the flavour and texture of cheese.
Cheese, Onion and Green Peas Pulao
3. Aloo Gobhi Pulao we have tweaked the common aloo gobhi recipe, to enhance it into a complete meal.
Aloo Gobhi Pulao ( Pressure Cooker )
4. Coconut Pulao a traditional recipe from goa, the coconut pulao is characteristic of the cuisine of the west coast where coconuts and cashews are used abundantly.
5. Gatte ka Pulao made on festive occasions when plain steamed rice is not served. As vegetables are not available throughout the year.
Gatte ka Pulao, Rajasthani Gatte Ka Pulao
6. Pearl Pulao a unique flavour that is sweet and pungent, baby onions fit beautifully into this flavoursome pulao.
Pearl Pulao, Rice with Baby Onions
Biryani using long grain rice, Basmati rice
Biryani is a royal treat affair, any occasion biryani is a must. lot of variation in biryani, with loads of veggies, strong flavours of spices.. tastes great with a bowl of raita.
1. Vegetable Biryani a rice based one-pot meal dish, which is inherited from India, traces and origin of Biryani are from Hyderabad.
Vegetable Hyderabadi Biryani
2. Kabuli Chana Kofta Biryani Perfectly cooked long-grained rice is layered with a richly flavoured tomato gravy studded with scrumptious kabuli chana koftas.
Kabuli Chana Kofta Biryani
3. Mughlai Vegetable Biryani uses loads of chopped vegetables such as carrots, french beans and potatoes to prepare the mixture that is layered between rice flavoured with whole garam masalas.
Mughlai Vegetable Biryani Recipe
4. Lajjatdar Handi Biryani simple process of sealing the lid with chapati dough and allowing the ingredients to cook within a covered environment makes all the difference.
Lajjatdar Handi Biryani
5. Layered Bread Kofta Biryani amazed to see that the crunch and flavour of this kofta is the highlight of the Layered Bread Kofta Biryani.
Layered Bread Kofta Biryani
6. Zaffrani Pulao Mughlai food it is evident that saffron or kesar is a much-loved ingredient that can be used in a number of dishes.
Indian desserts using Basmati rice, long grained rice
Awesome desserts can be prepared using long grained rice, which is traditionally made in all parts of India. But specially made as offering to god or during festivals.
1. Doodh Pak a semi-thick mithai, brim-full with the goodness of milk. The milk is simmered for a while; then the rice is added and simmered till cooked.
Doodh Pak, Gujarati Doodh Pak
2. Rice Kheer onset of the festive season, every other day there is a reason to prepare something sweet and tempting!
3. Phirni north Indian dessert of rice cooked in sweetened milk is popular all over the country, known by different names and prepared with slight modifications.
4. Meetha Chawal a traditional delight that warms your soul and delights your taste buds, Meetha Chawal features rice cooked with whole spices and sweetened with sugar.
Meetha Chawal, Sweet Rice Chawal Recipe
5. Paal Payasam a must-serve item during South Indian festivals, weddings and other auspicious occasions.
6. Gil-e- Firdaus an elaborate but memorable sweet dish, which is made commonly in Hyderabad during festivals and weddings.
Gil-e- Firdaus, Hyderabadi Rice Kheer
Innovative recipe using long grain rice, Basmati rice
Long grain rice once cooked its bland in taste, you can flavour you rice as you wish.. let that be stir-fry, pulao, biryani or anything sweet. You have answer for all the variety you need to make from the rice. Below are few recipe with which can make amazing dishes.
1. Mexican Fried Rice Quick and easy to make Indian style Mexican fried rice with a lovely chilli garlic paste made from dry Kashmiri red chillies.
Mexican Fried Rice, Quick Recipe
2. Lahsuni Palak Chawal sure to steal your hearts with its pleasant green colour and vibrant flavour. Garlicky spinach rice is prepared with minimal ingredients, it has a lingering flavour and strong, spicy aroma.
Lahsuni Palak Chawal
3. Thai Pineapple Rice experience a burst of flavours – the sweet and sour pineapple, spicy curry paste, soothing coconut milk, juicy raisins, and more, and more.
Thai Pineapple Rice
4. Baked Rice with Corn Curry layered with a tangy tomato-based corn curry, and baked, resulting in a truly tongue-tickling delicacy with a unique texture and mind-blowing flavour.
Baked Rice with Corn Curry
5. Brown Rice Parsi Style long-grained rice cooked with whole spices and onions is a treat, when you prepare it the way the Parsis do!
Brown Rice – Parsi Style