Lahsuni Palak Chawal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 375 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74844 times
Here's a winner to a real North Indian flavour. Enjoy this traditional rice goody…. just minus the fat from it like I have done in this recipe as excess fat hinders with the absorption of calcium in the body.
- Blend the blanched spinach in a blender to a thick purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the puréed spinach and salt and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Lahsuni Palak Chawal Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.