by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15665 times
Rice and creamy coconut milk make a unique combination.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the urad dal and moong dal and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chillies, curry leaves and peanuts and fry again for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and salt and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot, garnished with the grated coconut.
- You can also garnish this dish with chopped onions and tomatoes.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||74.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.