Mughlai Vegetable Biryani Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40911 times
This vegetarian biryani uses loads of chopped vegetables such as carrots, french beans and potatoes to prepare the mixture that is layered between rice flavoured with whole garam masalas.
You could remove the garam masalas from the rice before layering if required. Topping this biryani with some chopped dry fruits before serving would enhance its appearance and taste.
Enjoy this biryani with a bowl of curds or a raita and papad.
Biryanis also make a hearty one-dish meal .You can also try other biryanis like Hyderabadi Sofiyani Biryani or Minty Paneer Biryani .
- Heat the ghee in deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bayleaf and cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Put 1 cup of rice in a greased microwave safe baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Put the vegetable mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Finally put the remaining 1½ cups of rice evenly over it.
- Finally top it with the coriander.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||407.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||20.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.