by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11216 times
After having seen Mughlai food it is evident that saffron or kesar is a much-loved ingredient that can be used in a number of dishes.
Zaffrani Pulao or saffron rice is simply rice prepared with saffron flavouring. Paneer, cashewnuts and raisins make this preparation a rich delicacy that is easy to prepare and that can be cooked up in a jiffy.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for about 15 minutes. . Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer cubes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally or till they turn light brown in colour. Keep aside to cool.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf, cardamom and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the raisins, paneer and saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cashewnuts.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||214.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.