Baked Rice with Corn Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 169 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31155 times
Rice, cooked with onion and spices, is layered with a tangy tomato-based corn curry, and baked, resulting in a truly tongue-tickling delicacy with a unique texture and mind-blowing flavour.
The Baked Rice with Corn Curry owes its flavour to the curry, which in turn gets its exotic richness from a paste of coconut, onions, spices and seeds. You can keep the rice and curry ready, and even layer it in a baking dish. But, it is better to bake the dish just before meal-time. Bake, unmold and serve immediately.
Enjoy as a One Meal Dinner and later for dessert pamper yourself with Malai Kulfi or Kesar Malai Kulfi .
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cinnamon and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add all the ingredients and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth using ¼ cup of water. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato pulp, corn, fresh cream, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions.
- Grease a baking dish with ghee, spread a portion of the rice and spread it evenly.
- Pour the curry evenly over it and finally spread the remaining portion of the rice evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes.
- Unmould and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||348.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.