Kesar Malai Kulfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 422 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35047 times
Traditional Kesar Malai Kulfi, with the unadulterated aroma of condensed milk and spices is truly a treat for your senses. The rich flavour and fragrance imparted by saffron and cardamom linger in your taste buds for a long time after you have finished this refreshing dessert, making this the perfect ‘ice-cream’ for the desi food lover.
- In a small bowl, soak the saffron in a little warm milk, mix well and keep aside.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 2 tbsp of water, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour into 8 kulfi moulds and freeze overnight.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kulfi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.