Pearl Pulao, Rice with Baby Onions
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 126 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32768 times
With a unique flavour that is sweet and pungent, baby onions fit beautifully into this flavoursome pulao. An assortment of spices ranging from cardamom to cloves work along with the onions to give the Pearl Pulao a mind-blowing flavour, while the generous use of fresh cream and cheese give it an awesomely rich texture, which caresses your palate. Guaranteed to delight if served hot and fresh!
Serve with Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables in Butter and Parsley and Garlic Loaf for a satiating meal.
- Combine the rice and enough water in a deep bowl and keep aside to soak for 30 minutes. Drain well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, bayleaf, cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream and cheese, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes , while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||268.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.