Lunch recipes for Cancer, Healthy Veg Lunch Recipes for Cancer Patients
Indian Lunch recipes for Cancer, Healthy Veg Lunch Recipes for Cancer Patients. Cancer is a condition in which good nutrition plays a very important role. There is no one food as an answer to cancer diet.
You need to eat a variety of foods to build a strong immune system which will help you fight the existing disease.
Moreover, it is said that cancer treatments also work well when you are well-nourished. So don’t neglect food. Reform your food habits to maintain a healthy weight and build a healthy YOU. Such a diet will help you a long way in having a prolonged life.
Foods to Focus while Assembling Lunch For Cancer Survivors
1. Choose Whole Grains : jowar, bajra, buckwheat, ragi, oats and barley are wholesome options over refined ingredients like maida and its products (bread and naan). You can use ingredients like oats to make tempting fare like Oats Mooli Roti.
Barley Vegetable Khichdi
Alternatively grind the flours of these whole grains and store them.
When you want to cook something healthy for lunch, just combine 2 to 3 flours of your choice, toss in a veggie or two, make dough, roll the parathas and cook and enjoy them hot.
Mini Carrot and Cabbage Buckwheat Pancake, Low Salt Recipe
From a simple Jowar Bajra Garlic Roti to something unique like Broccoli Paratha can be created in your own kitchen.
To make them more flavourful learn to add the correct flavours. Add a mild touch of oregano to create delicacies like Herbed Capsicum Paratha or use veggies like spinach and sweet corn along with a hint of spice to make Masala Roti.
Herbed Capsicum Paratha
2. Proteins are a Must for Lunch : Protein is an important nutrient for all the cells of the body. It is required to build new cells and also support in their maintenance.
Palak Chana Pulao
Protein is also required to build hemoglobin present in red blood cells (RBC). Hemoglobin, in reality, is the oxygen transporting protein in our body.
Since all cells need oxygen to live, protein is a must for every cell of our body.
Be mindful while eating. Hand-pick vegetarian over non-vegetarian sources. Amongst the vegetarian protein options, you can choose between dals, sprouts and dairy products.
Paneer Pulao, Quick Paneer Pulao Recipe
On days you reach out for non-vegetarian options, choose eggs and fish over meat always. While cooking, ensure to not opt for deep-frying or use oodles of fat.
High Fibre Chilas
Go ahead and use these protein rich ingredients in different ways to please your palate.
Use masoor dal to make Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup and moong Dal to cook Suva Moong Dal Subzi. Sprouts can be used in interesting ways too. Try making Sprouts Tikki or Sprouts Pancake if you are bored to eating plain sprouts.
Suva Moong Dal Subzi
3. 1 to 2 Servings of Veggies are a Prerequisite at LunchTime : Veggies are always promoted by dietitians as they are loaded with nutrients to support various functions in our body.
Moreover, they also abound in antioxidants – compounds which fight cancer cells and stop body cell damage. Common antioxidants are vitamin A, vitamin C, lycopene, flavonoids, Lutein etc.
Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup
You don’t need to cook separately using these ingredients… Learn to add it to your everyday meals. Here are a few ideas….
Healthy Lentil Soup, Yellow Moong Dal Soup Recipe
· Add chopped greens to dal.
· Garnish subzis with lots of coriander.
· Grate veggies like radish, carrots, onions etc. while kneading dough.
· Add a variety of veggies like broccoli, green peas, beetroot etc. to make tikkis and cutlets.
Beetroot and Dill Salad ( Low Cholesterol Recipe)
· Instead of plain curds, toss in any veggie of your choice or fruits like pomegranate, pineapple, black grapes etc. to make a raita.
Strawberry and Black Grape Raita
Hariyali Dal, Jowar Pyaz ki Roti, Green Pea Parathas, Broccoli and Paneer Tikki, Lauki aur Phudine ka Raita and Strawberry and Black Grape Raita are all simple recipes to demonstrate these ideas.
Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita
Along with all these pointers you need to be active for at least 30 minutes daily. Form a exercise regime and follow it. It helps maintain healthy weight.
Jowar Pyaz ki Roti, Low Acidity Recipe
Enjoy our Indian Lunch recipes for Cancer, Healthy Veg Lunch Recipes for Cancer Patients and other cancer recipe articles below.