Broccoli and Paneer Tikki ( Healthy Starter)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 89% LIKED IT
8 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 239 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77364 times
The Broccoli and Paneer Tikki is a simple yet innovative starter that’ll brace the tummy for an exciting meal!
Featuring a healthy blend of ingredients like antioxidant-rich broccoli, calcium-rich paneer and fibre-rich oats, this starter tastes so fabulous that it does not feel like a health food, but like a peppy starter just right to fire off a fabulous meal.
To add to all the points in its favour, this tikki is not deep-fried, but cooked in a non-stick tava with minimal oil. Definitely a must-try!
You can also have a go at other healthy starters like Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms or Rajma Tikki Satay with Spring Onion Dip .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, transfer to a deep bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the oats and paneer and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 11 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat round tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ½ tsp of oil and cook all the tikkis using ½ tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.