How many calories does one Broccoli and Paneer Tikki have?
One Broccoli and Paneer Tikki gives 32 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 8 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 21 calories. One Broccoli and Paneer Tikki provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See : broccoli paneer tikki | broccoli oats paneer tikki | healthy Indian broccoli tikki | with 22 amazing images.
broccoli paneer tikkis are small round shaped snacks, usually around 2 or 3 inches in diameter. Oats are mixed with other ingredients like herbs, spices, paneer, onions and broccoli . This dough-like mixture is then shaped and cooked on a tava.
The broccoli oats paneer tikki is a simple yet innovative snack that’ll brace the tummy for an exciting meal!
Featuring a healthy blend of ingredients like antioxidant-rich broccoli, calcium-rich paneer and fibre-rich oats, this healthy Indian broccoli tikki tastes so fabulous that it does not feel like a health food, but like a peppy starter just right to fire off a fabulous meal.
To add to all the points in its favour, this broccoli paneer tikki is not deep-fried, but cooked in a non-stick tava with minimal peanut oil. Peanut oil has the highest amount of MUFA (around 49%) amongst most Indian common cooking oils. Definitely a must-try!
Aside from broccoli paneer tikki can also have a go at other low calorie starters like Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms or Rajma Tikki Satay with Spring Onion Dip.
Is Broccoli and Paneer Tikki healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Broccoli : Broccoli is loaded with beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A once it is inside the body. Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision. It is a good source of Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and fights off cancers, heart disease and protects the body from free radical damage. Broccoli is a good source of folate and good for pregnant women. See here for 13 amazing benefits of broccoli.
2. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack.Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Broccoli and Paneer Tikki ?
Yes, BUT replace full fat paneer with low fat paneer.
Can healthy individuals have Broccoli and Paneer Tikki ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Broccoli and Paneer Tikki is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks use low fat paneer
4. Healthy Heart Snacks use low fat paneer
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
How to burn 32 calories that come from Broccoli and Paneer Tikki?
Walking (6 kmph) = 10 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.