Khumbh Ke Kebab ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 208 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47955 times
Here is a wonderful combination of mushrooms and oats that is jazzed up with the flavours of green chillies, coriander, onions and pepper. Low in calories, rich in protein, this is a perfect choice even for the health conscious.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer with ¼ cup of water and blend to a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate till use.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a broad non- stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and oats and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, till the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan. Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove from the flame, add the coriander and green chillies and mix well.
- Cool slightly and divide the mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 67 mm. (2½”) flat oval kebab.
- Heat a non- stick tava (griddle) and cook each kebab, using 1/8 tsp of oil, till they turn light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with garlic chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kebab
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.