Mini Carrot and Cabbage Buckwheat Pancake, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29731 times
Break away from your routine and try this yummy Mini Carrot and Cabbage Buckwheat Pancake for breakfast.
It is simple and easy to make but has a wonderful mouth-feel because of the cabbage and carrots. Dried mango powder and cumin seeds give the buckwheat pancake a dashing flavour, which completely masks the fact that there is less salt in this recipe.
Making the pancakes in a mini size is a good idea because it looks attractive enough to even entice kids to try it!
Ensure that you cook the pancakes till they are golden brown in colour so that they get cooked completely and have a nice texture.
A low-salt, low-sodium menu can also include other dishes like the Nutritious Radish Rotis and the Nutritious Vegetable Salad .
- Clean, wash and soak the buckwheat in ½ cup water in a deep bowl and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soaked buckwheat in a mixer along with the water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick mini pancake pan and grease it with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter into each of the 7 pancake moulds and spread it in a circular motion to make a 63 mm. (2½") diameter round.
- Cook them till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 10 more mini pancakes in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.