by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19939 times
Masoor Dal cooked with lots of greens and just the right amount of spices, this Hariyali Dal is ideal for those with acidity .
A simple paste of minimal, everyday ingredients turns out to be so effective in flavouring this dal, that you cannot help licking your fingers!
A dash of amchur together with the tang of tomatoes gives the Hariyali Dal a really tempting taste. Enjoy it hot and fresh.
Also try other stomach-friendly dal like Mixed Dal .
Add your private note
Hariyali Dal recipe - How to make Hariyali Dal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the masoor dal along with 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Keep aside.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the cooked masoor dal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the greens, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the dried mango powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.